Capture your ideas wherever you are with the PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 USB recording system.
The AudioBox USB is a USB bus-powered audio recording interface featuring 2 microphone/instrument inputs with 48V phantom power, 2 balanced TRS outputs, and MIDI in/out.
The AudioBox USB is bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, our groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4 GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.
PreSonus Audio has won numerous awards for designing the highest quality microphone preamplifiers in the industry at all price levels. The AudioBox USB is loaded with preamps that out perform any USB-based interface hands down. The preamplifiers in the AudioBox deliver high headroom, low noise and high gain giving you pure, full and rich sound.
Professional 24-bit converters
Most USB recording devices operate at 16-bit sample rate and use converters with dynamic range of less than 90dB. This translates into a pinched and relatively small sound. The AudioBox USB uses professional-grade analog to digital converters with dynamic range of 102dB and 24-bit sample rate so that the digital conversion is big, quiet and musical.
The AudioBox USB is USB bus-powered allowing you to take it anywhere inspiration hits. No wall warts, line lumps or power cables, just plug in to a powered USB port and you are ready to record.
Ready to hit the road
There’s no plastic here. The AudioBox USB is housed in an all-metal chassis with metal knobs ready to withstand the rigors of travel. Toss it in your laptop bag and mobilize your music creation and production. Whether you want to record your shows, mix on the plane or write songs in your hotel room, the AudioBox is ready.
Studio One Artist—Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
The AudioBox USB is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- Studio One Artist™ digital audio workstation software included
- 1 USB 1.1 port
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+102 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs/2.3 kg
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!