SUHR MODERN PRO
At Suhr we believe that great instruments inspire great performances. Every detail of the Modern Pro was carefully considered when we set out to craft an instrument that upholds this belief. The Modern shape is our high-performance take on the 24 fret design.
The sleek elliptical neck profile, balanced asymmetrical body, and innovative neck heel deliver unmatched playability and comfort. The stunning Flame Maple top is available in a variety of transparent finishes that have been developed to enhance its natural beauty.
LEGENDARY NECK & FRETWORK
The Modern Pro features a Maple neck with your choice of Maple or Pau Ferro fingerboard. The neck is finished with our satin acrylic urethane, which provides the smooth feel of natural wood as well as protection from moisture.
- NECK PROFILE - The Suhr Modern is equipped with our Modern Elliptical neck profile. Rolled edges and a 10-14” compound fingerboard radius offers a substantial, yet comfortable shape.
- FRETS - Jumbo Stainless Steel (.057″ x .110″) Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability. Every Suhr receives a PLEK fret dress, ensuring the best possible string action, playability and intonation.
- SCULPTED HEEL - The sculpted heel of the Modern allows for easy access to all 24 frets. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen.
- MODERN BODY SHAPE - The Modern shape has a unique asymmetrical body that balances superbly with the extended 24-fret neck. Fast, sleek and sexy looking, the Modern shape will feel right at home to players who were weaned on the popular and innovative shapes that came into vogue in the 80’s.
- TONE WOODS - The Basswood and Flame Maple top has a fat, well-balanced tone that produces smooth sounds without any hard edges.
- BODY FINISH - Great care is taken to ensure that the thinnest possible layers of finish are applied. Our finishing process provides an unparalleled combination of protection, beauty, and tone. This allows the wood to resonate freely while still providing ample protection.
- SCRAPED BINDING - Scraped binding allows for the natural maple to be seen along the edge of the top wood. This painstaking and detailed process accentuates the beauty of the body shape and adds elegance to the design.
- HARDWARE & ELECTRONICS - The Modern Pro is available in two bridge/pickup configurations: HSH with a Gotoh 510 bridge, or HH with a Gotoh Floyd. Both configurations utilize a 5-way mega-switch to serve up an array of versatile split-coil tones.
- SSV Neck Humbucker
- ML Middle Single Coil
- SSH+ Bridge Humbucker
Positions 2 and 4 on the 5-way selector switch auto-split the humbuckers when combined with the middle pickup.