Shipping & Returns
OUR SHIPPING POLICY
Free Shipping! (4-10 working days)
Any item with the "Free Shipping" icon displayed to the right hand side of the price ships to ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD and SA metropolitan areas for free (that's most items on our website)!
Free Shipping is not available to WA, NT, Far North QLD, TAS or any non-metropolitan or remote location within Australia, as determined by us. Shipping charges to these locations will be displayed in the cart during checkout.
Express Shipping (1-5 working days)
When you need it fast, we offer Express Shipping on most items on our website. Startrack and TNT are our preferred couriers for Express delivery. Additional charges apply. If for any reason we are unable to deliver your order within 5 working days, we will notify you and refund any Express Shipping charges.
Minimum Order Fee (MOF)
To help cover shipping and handling costs, all orders under $50 attract a MOF of $10 per order. You won't ever pay the MOF when the subtotal of your cart exceeds $50. To avoid the MOF, simply ensure the subtotal of your cart is greater than $50 prior to checking out.
Dispatch policy and shipping addresses
Most orders will be dispatched from Canberra, ACT by Startrack, TNT or Australia Post. Most orders are sent via a tracked service and are typically delivered within business hours Mon - Fri (excl. Public Holidays). Some orders may be dispatched directly from our supplier in order to shorten delivery time - you will be notified if this applies to your order. Please allow up to 2 days for dispatch and 2-8 working days for delivery. Orders are covered by transit insurance. It is your responsibility to supply us with your correct shipping address. Couriered items cannot be sent to PO Box addresses, please bare in mind the size of the item when providing your delivery address.
We ask you for a valid shipping address, email address and your best contact phone number during checkout. Prior to dispatch, we will contact you via telephone, SMS and/or email to confirm shipping information and arrange the best day for delivery if applicable. To prevent your order being delayed, please respond as soon as possible during business hours, Monday to Friday.
Items sent by courier are delivered during business hours and require a signature for confirmation of delivery. We therefore strongly recommend you nominate a WORK ADDRESS or similar for shipping. If there is no-one at the delivery address when the courier attempts delivery, you may be charged a re-delivery fee. Large or bulky items such as Pianos, Acoustic Drums etc may have further address requirements (such as lift access) to ensure sucessful delivery.
Items damaged in transit
DO NOT sign for a package if you suspect it is damaged. Signing for an item means it has been received in good order, and any damage is no longer the courier's responsibility. If your item is damaged, you must call us (02 6282 3199) or email us ([email protected]) to notify us within 24 hours. So we can help you best, please include your name, address, items ordered and a brief description of the apparent damage. All items will be assessed by us on a case by case basis.
Goods sent by courier can be tracked using the usual "track-and-trace" feature on courier websites. You will find your Tracking Number (if applicable) and courier website address printed at the bottom of your shipment confirmation email. Smaller orders may be sent via Australia Post Regular service without tracking.
Request for additional identification
For some high-value orders, we may ask you to provide additional identification to confirm credit card information. You will be notified by us by telephone or email if this confirmation is required. We appreciate your understanding as we try to minimise fraudulent transactions.
OUR RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
To return an item, and so we can serve you best, the following procedure must be followed. We reserve the right to refuse the return of any item that does not comply with this procedure.
1. Item(s) must be unopened, unused, in their original packaging, with all included accessories, if applicable, and must not be damaged in any way.
2. To initiate a return, email us at [email protected] within thirty (30) days of taking delivery of your product. Please include your name, best contact phone number, invoice number and product name. Where there is no proof of delivery, delivery date will be assumed to be four (4) business days from the date of dispatch.
3. Item(s) must be received by Better Music within ten (10) business days of the date you lodge your return request. Return freight costs will be at your expense. Returned items will remain your responsibility during transit. Better Music will not accept liability for damage which may occur during transit. Please pack your returned item(s) carefully.
4. After receiving the returned item(s), Better Music will issue a refund, exchange or store credit according to your preference.
5. Items that have been opened may be accepted back at our discretion. A restocking fee may apply.
Once approved, refunds will be made within two (2) business days via the same method as payment was made. You will be notified via email once your refund has been processed.
If your item is found to be faulty due to a manufacturing defect, and is within the manufacturer's warranty period, Better Music will repair or replace your item. If your item cannot be repaired or replaced, we may offer you a store credit or issue a refund.
Items found to be faulty due to abuse, mishandling or any sort of misuse will not qualify for warranty repair or replacement.
To have an item assessed under warranty, and so we can serve you best, the following procedure must be followed. We reserve the right to refuse the return of any item that does not comply with this procedure.
1. E-mail us at [email protected] to notify us of the faulty item. Include your name, best contact phone number, invoice number, product name and fault description.
2. We will reply to you within two (2) working days. If your return is approved, we will give you return details and the return address. This address may be Better Music, the authorised repairer or other authorised third party. We may also request further information to process the return.
Please contact us if you have a question
For more information regarding shipping or returns, or if you require express delivery or insurance for your order, please contact us by phone (02 6282 3199) or email ([email protected]).