"I've been fortunate enough to have played and recorded many basses over the years and from that I have built a long list of all the things that I belive to make a great sounding and playing bass.
When I was offered the chance to design these basses with Chapman Guitars I was first shocked as it was something I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do. I realised that this wasn't just an opportunity to make a typical 'signature model bass', but an opportunity to see if it was possible to build a bass that incorporated all the notes from my list.
Setting out on this venture I knew that trying to incorporate it all in one bass might not work. So it has been a long process of constant refinement but I'm incredibly proud to say that I truly believe that what we have created is exactly what I set out to do... to create the perfect bass.
The ergonomic shape, the feel of the neck, the tone and tuning stability of the woods, the powerful electronics and a killer look!
I'v always been a 4-string player and so the MLB1 DH is home for me but often the music I play finds me needing that extended range of a 5-string. So the addition of the fan fret version gives us exactly that; 26 fanned frets allows the scale length necessary to delve in the to the 5-string world with all the feel of a 4-string.
To say I'm proud is an understatement - these basses are one of my best accomplishments to date and I can't thank the guys at Chapman Guitars enough for making this a reality."
- HEADSTOCK Angled Serekh Headstock
- TUNERS Wilkinson
- STRING NUT 38mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Bass Nut
- NECK Wenge With Ovangkol Pinstripes with Oil Finish
- NECK JOINT Neck-Through
- NECK SIZE
- WIDTH: NUT 38mm 26F 59.52mm
- THICKNESS: 1F 20mm 12F 23mm
- PROFILE: C Shape
- TRUSS ROD
- FRETBOARD Wenge Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- FRETBOARD RADIUS 200mm
- FRETS 26 Jumbo Bell Bronze Frets
- FRET MARKERS Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12TH FRET INLAY Gold Infinity
- SCALE LENGTH 832mm to 889mm (~32.76” to 35”) Fan Fret
- BODY TOP Mapa Burl Body Back Wood Only with Arched Front & Back with Oil Finish
- BODY BACK Ovangkol with Oil Finish
- BODY CARVES Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- BRIDGE Chapman Single String
- NECK PICKUP
- Bartolini 9CBJD-S1 Jazz Single Coil (Passive)
- MAGNET: OUTPUT: TBC
- BRIDGE PICKUP
- Bartolini 9CBJD-L1 Jazz Single Coil (Passive)
- MAGNET: OUTPUT: TBC
- CONTROLS Master Volume (250k) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Blend Control (250k) Knob, Master Tone with Push-Pull (250k)
- STRAP BUTTONS Chapman Strap Locks
- STRINGS Ernie Ball Slinky, Nickel Wound Bass, 4 String, 65-130 (From Mid-2018)
- CASE Chapman Pro Hard Case