The original Diamond Compressor has become one of Diamond's best known products, loved by players for its smooth response and ability to enhance your instrument's tone. Turns out that bass players have discovered the Compressor and while it generally works great for 4-string passive basses, the performance with 5/6 strings and high output active basses was less than ideal as the frequency response and headroom was optimised for guitar use.
Diamond's response to that interest is the new dedicated Diamond Bass Compressor, the first Diamond pedal designed specifically for bass players.
With low frequency response extending down to 20Hz and increased headroom, the Bass Compressor is ideal for 4/5/6 string basses, both active and passive. The Tilt EQ control has been revoiced, offering bassists the choice of the original 900Hz tilt point or a new 250Hz setting, accessible via a mini toggle.
- Smooth, optical compression/limiting
- Premium audio components, including 2% polypropylenecapacitors,1% metal film resistors and a pro audio grade opamp (our signal path opamp alone costs 8 to 10 times what the industry norm uses)
- Innovative 'tilt' EQ provides a very musical tailoring of frequency response
- Selectable 900Hz or 250Hz tilt point
- Dual AC capacitive coupling paths for improved transient response
- True bypass signal path
- 18V power supply included